Free shipping on orders over $75. Applies at checkout!

Travel Safety, Brexit Advice and useful links

The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office and National Travel Health Network and Centre have up-to-date advice on staying safe and healthy abroad.

For the latest travel advice from the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office including security and local laws, plus passport and visa information check and follow @FCDOtravelGovUK and

Keep informed of current travel health news by visiting The advice can change so check regularly for updates.

The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office also provides the following advice:

Before you depart:

  • Take out appropriate travel insurance before travelling and make sure it covers you for all the activities you want to do.
  • If you are travelling within Europe, ensure you have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) that hasn’t expired and understand what it covers -you still need full travel insurance though! For your free EHIC card visit
  • Learn about the laws, customs and entry requirements of the country you’re visiting and understand how they differ from home, check
  • Check your passport is valid, fill out the emergency details, look after it while travelling and keep it in a safe place. Make sure you have all necessary visas.
  • Make copies of important travel documents, take a picture or make copies and store them securely using a secure data storage site.
  • Research vaccinations or any other medical requirements for your destination, and if necessary visit a travel health clinic before you travel. For medical advice visit
  • Tell your friends or family about your travel plans and where you’re going and leave emergency contact details.
  • Take enough money with you and have access to emergency funds

Ensure you take the contact details of the local British Consulate in case of emergencies -
Understand what consular staff can and can’t do to help British nationals travelling overseas, check
Act responsibly, and be responsible for yourself when abroad.



At Events International, we take the health and safety of our clients extremely seriously and this is managed within a framework of a documented Safety Management System.



Take a look and download the ABTA travel guide on how to have a safe and healthy holiday!




Take a look and download the UK Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018.




With Europe being the number one overseas destination for travellers from the UK it is important you plan early to make sure you have everything in place in time for your trip following the Uk's exit from the EU. In the current climate, it is also important that you are aware how the coronavirus pandemic may affect your travel plans. We advise you to check the Foreign Office advice for the destination you are visiting. ABTA also has advice on travelling during the pandemic.

As a member of ABTA, we are proud to follow their guidance on travelling from the UK to Europe after 1 January 2021. Take a look a number of the steps they outline below:

1.    Check to see if your passport will still be valid 

If you have a British passport;

  • you will need to have at least six months left on your passport before it expires.
  • and your passport must have been issued within the last 10 years. You can use the Government’s passport checker to see if you need to renew your passport (even if it has six months or more left on it).
  • If your passport is burgundy or has ‘European Union’ on the cover, you can still use it after 1 January 2021 as long as it has enough time left on it. Otherwise, you may not be able to travel to most EU countries.
  • To check your passport is valid for travel for where you're planning to visit, click here.
  • If you need to renew or replace your passport, click here.

2.    Take out travel insurance with adequate healthcare cover

ABTA always advise travellers to take out comprehensive travel insurance with sufficient healthcare cover, including cover for existing medical conditions and any activities you plan to do.  ABTA has advice on finding the right travel insurance, you can also take a look here for more details on travel insurance.

ABTA also advise that if you have a European Health Insurance Card it will be valid up to its expiry date. If you apply for a card now, you'll get a new UK Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC) instead of an EHIC. More details here.


3.    Make sure you have all the documents you need to drive in Europe

Green cards for insurance – if you are driving your own car in Europe, you will need to obtain and carry a physical Green Card for your UK car insurance to be valid in the EU. These cards will be available from your car insurance provider. You may be charged a small fee to cover administration costs. The ABI advises you apply for a Green Card at least a month before you are due to travel. You may also need a Green Card for your trailer or caravan, so check with your insurer.

GB car stickers – you will need a GB sticker for your own car when driving in the EU after the transition period ends. 

Driving permits – if you have a paper licence or your driving licence was issued in Gibraltar, Guernsey, Jersey or the Isle of Man you may need an international driving permit (IDP) to drive in some EU countries and Norway from 1 January 2021. These are available from the Post Office.


4.    Check your mobile phone company’s policy on data roaming

Rules around mobile data roaming are changing meaning you may face charges when using your phone abroad, including for making calls, sending messages or using the internet. Check with your mobile phone provider about their data roaming policy. For more information, the UK Government also has advice for people travelling to the EU after 1 January 2021.